Happy May Day!
I am going to interrupt my stories of acts of kindness and generosity for a new little feature I want to start on my blog. The thing is, it should be done on the first of each month, as we reflect on the month we’ve just finished. So, even though I have another super-exciting installment about God’s provision, I will save it for Friday.
First off, know that I stole this premise from another blogger… Emily Freeman at Chatting At the Sky. I loved the idea. She writes 12 Things I Learned in _______ (insert month here). I’m going to start with 10. “10 Things I Learned” each month is a great way for me to document the new things I’m learning, both silly and serious and provide a unique journal for my daughters. So… here we go!
1. Abbey Lee Miller never was a dancer. Her mom owned a dance studio! (I rarely watch “Dance Moms” but my girls love it and passed along this tidbit of information!)
2. There are 4 Dollar General Stores in Salina. I had never paid attention until last week when I stumbled upon a 90% off sale. I found some treasures I want to give away and went to the other 2 locations to find more, only to discover there is a 4th location!
3. I’ve learned that the fruit really is out on the limb and
4. That my older sister likes root beer. How did I never know that?
5. I now know that there can be 80 degree days and snow in the same week and
6. That it’s good to brainstorm and plan, but sometimes it’s better to just go and do.
7. I was excited to learn that it’s possible to gather a year’s supply of baby formula in 24 hours.
8. I learned that no matter how many years it’s been, I still miss my mom like it’s been only weeks and that
9. Bouncy balls can be the best.gift.ever!
10. Finally, though I know He is faithful and I know people have a heart to help, I don’t know if I have ever seen it the way I have in the last month!
May we continue to learn all that we’re supposed to with this lesson book of life.
Learning Something New Every Day With You!